Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Great Wolf Lodge


We decided to take advantage of our Columbus Day holiday, go to Canada and stay at the Great Wolf Lodge.I can't believe just 30 short minutes (if the border isn't busy) from our house is one of the coolest things to do as a family. The Great Wolf Lodge is a fun-filled indoor water park along with an arcade, miniature golf and spas for both adults and little girls. We had so much fun as a family and realized we should do things like this more often. The only thing I regret is that I forgot my camera so all I have are the pictures I could take with my phone. Please ignore my finger in the picture above, I'm still getting used to that camera!

Jayden was such a big girl and went down every slide they had at least once. She even went down what I called the "toilet bowl" slide 4 times. It was pretty fast but she loved it. Kendall was brave for her age. She doesn't like to get splashed in the face too much so only went down the big family slide and the kiddie slides. Carson also went down the family slide and was scared. I know, we're terrible parents, but to our defense everybody there said it was tame and the lifeguards let us do it so we thought it was okay. He survived though.
The rooms were really cool. Here is what the girls got to sleep in. I wish I would have taken a picture of the girls faces when we walked in the room. They haven't been that excited since the Jonas Bros. concert.

I'm not as cool as all my fellow bloggers and I don't know how to use the links thing where you can click on a word and it will take you to the website. I do encourage you to go to: http://new.greatwolf.com and check it out. They have numerous locations. Who knows, there may be one near you!

4 comments:

WendyJ said...

We went there almost 2 years ago. So much fun!! There is a Great Wolf Lodge near us, but it's half the size of the one in Niagara Falls, Canada.

Katrina said...

Fun! There is one about an hour and a half from us, and I've thought about going there. I think we will definitely have to try it. Sounds like a good "winter" activity.

carla said...

i've always wanted to go there. there is one about 30 minutes away from us too. i have to convince my husband though, he thinks it's too expensive.

sixlayerdip said...

We've been to the one here Wendy and Katrina! It is fun! Magiquest is super fun too! We love the Great Wolf Lodge! We are going back the day after Thanksgiving! Fun!