This is my son trying to leave the scene of the crime. One of my beautiful daughters decided to leave the tissue box on the floor for some clever reason I'm sure and he found it. Carson LOVES to tear any sort of paper especially toilet paper. That usually means I'm tearing him off the toilet then immediately scrubbing him down for germs! He is definitely not interested in any of his toys, just things that will make Mommy chase him. Chasing him is half the day along with getting everybody dressed, on the bus, to preschool, feeding the pets, cooking meals, cleaning, gymnastics, naps, going to the gym, laundry, changing diapers, putting together school projects, play dates with friends, etc. Someday I'm going to write down every single thing I do in a month and hand it to my oldest when she gives me the "why can't you do what I want right now" look. I know I'm blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with my gifts and do all these things for them. I wouldn't go back to a paying job for all the money in the world right now and to all those who are still curious, I'm never bored!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
What We Do All Day
Sometimes as a stay at home mother I feel like I have to justify my daily duties to people who may have not experienced staying at home with kids. The question has never been posed to me in an "I don't think you do enough" kind of way, more of "don't you get bored?" or "I would be bored doing that all day" kind of way. So for all those who have never wanted to or yet had the chance to experience being a stay at home mom this is what I do all day right now...

This is my son trying to leave the scene of the crime. One of my beautiful daughters decided to leave the tissue box on the floor for some clever reason I'm sure and he found it. Carson LOVES to tear any sort of paper especially toilet paper. That usually means I'm tearing him off the toilet then immediately scrubbing him down for germs! He is definitely not interested in any of his toys, just things that will make Mommy chase him. Chasing him is half the day along with getting everybody dressed, on the bus, to preschool, feeding the pets, cooking meals, cleaning, gymnastics, naps, going to the gym, laundry, changing diapers, putting together school projects, play dates with friends, etc. Someday I'm going to write down every single thing I do in a month and hand it to my oldest when she gives me the "why can't you do what I want right now" look. I know I'm blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with my gifts and do all these things for them. I wouldn't go back to a paying job for all the money in the world right now and to all those who are still curious, I'm never bored!
This is my son trying to leave the scene of the crime. One of my beautiful daughters decided to leave the tissue box on the floor for some clever reason I'm sure and he found it. Carson LOVES to tear any sort of paper especially toilet paper. That usually means I'm tearing him off the toilet then immediately scrubbing him down for germs! He is definitely not interested in any of his toys, just things that will make Mommy chase him. Chasing him is half the day along with getting everybody dressed, on the bus, to preschool, feeding the pets, cooking meals, cleaning, gymnastics, naps, going to the gym, laundry, changing diapers, putting together school projects, play dates with friends, etc. Someday I'm going to write down every single thing I do in a month and hand it to my oldest when she gives me the "why can't you do what I want right now" look. I know I'm blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with my gifts and do all these things for them. I wouldn't go back to a paying job for all the money in the world right now and to all those who are still curious, I'm never bored!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Amen!
it's weird. i have been so tired lately, i wanted to write everything down and post it. i guess great minds think alike. our job is wonderful but very hard. and i don't know, a little pay might be nice. :)
Yes, a little pay would be nice. I also forgot to mention the homework. Kendall is even bringing things home. It's so cute!
oh that's okay look how cute he is!
It's amazing how I feel more busy now than when I worked full time!
For money that is!
Being a stay at home mom is great huh? :)
Post a Comment